Looking for a detail-oriented Intern to join our team!
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Research Associate Intern to join our dynamic team. You will work directly with our Founder & CEO and other key members of our team. The focus of your research will be mass tort and other high-volume litigation. You will interact with the litigators leading these multi-billion dollar mass torts across the United States and the funders who are providing capital to support these cases. You will gather key information firsthand from these litigators, review court dockets related to these cases, and gather the science related to the cases. You will track information related to emerging and ongoing torts as they progress through the litigation lifecycle. You will play a critical role in supporting our efforts to identify and evaluate investment opportunities within the mass tort litigation landscape and format the information for a variety of audiences.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with another Research Associate Intern to form a team that combines distinct but complementary expertise. You will contribute a legal perspective, offering insights into industry news and legal developments, while the other will bring a private equity and business viewpoint. Together, you will leverage your diverse skill sets and experiences to achieve comprehensive and effective research outcomes in presentation formats for hedge funds, law firms, and internal leaders at Bridge Legal.
- Conduct comprehensive research on mass tort litigation cases, focusing on case merits, legal strategies, potential outcomes, and associated risks.
- Interact with leading litigators and financiers in multi-billion dollar mass torts across the U.S., gaining firsthand insights.
- Analyze court dockets, scientific data, and legal proceedings pertinent to mass tort cases.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging and ongoing mass torts, tracking their progress through various litigation stages.
- Collaborate with another Research Associate Intern, combining legal expertise with a business perspective to create holistic research outcomes.
- Develop investment theses and present findings to hedge funds, law firms, and Bridge Legal leadership.
- Act as a central repository of knowledge on mass tort cases, maintaining up-to-date information on scientific developments and participating firms.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations that synthesize research findings for various stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, legal developments, and regulatory changes in litigation finance.
- Work with the B2B Marketing team to develop thought leadership materials in the field of mass tort litigation.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in law or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex legal documents and financial data.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in research tools and databases.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Passionate about the intersection of law and finance in litigation contexts.
- Knowledge of mass tort litigation and its nuances.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- 10-30 hours per week
- The duration of the internship is flexible, based on your availability
- Advancement opportunities after internship