Looking for a detail-oriented Intern to join our team!
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Research Associate Intern to join our dynamic team. You will work directly with our Founder & CEO and other key members of our team. The focus of your research will be mass tort and other high volume litigation. You will interact with the hedge funds and the leading litigators of these multi-billion dollar mass torts across the United States. You will track information related to emerging and on-going torts as they progress through the litigation lifecycle and help identify ways that will impact investment strategies. You will play a critical role in supporting our efforts to identify and evaluate investment opportunities within the mass tort litigation landscape and format the information for a variety of audiences.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with another Research Associate Intern to form a team that combines distinct but complementary expertise. You will bring a private equity and business viewpoint, helping to analyze data and evaluate returns and risk, while the other team member will contribute a legal perspective, offering insights into industry news and legal developments. Together, you will leverage your diverse skill sets and experiences to achieve comprehensive and effective research outcomes.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of mass tort litigation cases, assessing case merits, forecasted outcomes, and potential risks.
- Collaborate with a legal-focused intern to evaluate the financial viability and return potential of litigation finance opportunities from a holistic perspective.
- Develop investment theses and recommendations based on thorough research and data analysis.
- Act as a central repository for information on mass tort cases, staying updated on scientific findings, firm involvement, and other relevant details.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations for internal stakeholders, hedge funds, and law firms, summarizing research findings and investment opportunities.
- Stay current with industry trends, legal developments, and regulatory changes in litigation finance.
- Work with the B2B Marketing team to develop materials that reinforce Bridge Legal’s position as a thought leader in the industry.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program or a related Master’s degree with a focus on finance or business.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills, particularly in complex legal and financial contexts.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to delivering accurate work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in using research tools, financial databases, and data analysis software.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- A keen interest in the intersection of legal processes and financial investment.
- Prior exposure to or knowledge of litigation finance, private equity investment principles, and mass tort litigation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an innovative approach to financial analysis.
- 10-30 hours per week
- The duration of the internship is flexible, based on your availability
- Advancement opportunities after internship